2015-06-05

Licensing

As I noted previously, I have long held a Concealed Pistol License.

The new license arrived in the mail this week. Saving me from carrying without a license.

I was very happy to have the new license.

Even though I committed a paperwork-crime by carrying without a license, the danger to others was the same as when I carried with a license.

All of the danger resides in my attitude and behavior, not in the license (or lack thereof).

However, I carried the firearm with the knowledge that misbehavior while carrying a pistol could result in very heavy legal penalties. So my attitude and behavior were modified by the knowledge that my permit is a valuable thing.

Even though most of the value is in its ability to help convince Policeman and Prosecutors that the gun hidden under my shirt isn't an indicator of evil intent.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like thoughtful feedback; I prefer polite feedback.

I don't like screeds.

Comments older than a few days will have comments go into moderation.