2015-04-03

What to do with a classic

It seems a day or two late...

Since I have a classic motorcycle (model year 1982), and I have a hard time convincing any repair shop to look at it, should I do the repair myself?

It's an odd question. I have the ability, though I may not like spending the time on that particular task.

On the other hand, it's also easy for me to make a mistake that will be hard to fix. (Such as mis-aligning the back tire.)

I've done many oil changes, some spark-plug-wire changes, pulled the fuel tank off, replaced the battery, removed/cleaned/re-installed the carburetor. But I have't pull tires or wheels off myself. And I haven't disassembled any part of the transmission or chain-drive before.

It's an odd feeling. I know I that I can do it. I'm just not sure I'll be fully happy with the results. And I know that a professional will likely do the task quicker and better than I can do it.

This is a strange feeling. I don't know what I'll do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like thoughtful feedback; I prefer polite feedback.

I don't like screeds.

Comments older than a few days will have comments go into moderation.