2015-04-15

Something Gnu

I discovered, a few days ago, the existence of the GnuCash software toolkit.

For many years, I've tracked finances on a spreadsheet. It took me some time, but I developed processes and algorithms which help me track my finances using the spreadsheet.

This toolkit, and the instruction set, might make that task much easier.

The documentation attempts to explain the processes of accounting, while it explain how to use GnuCash. While reading this, I realized how similar in structure this tool is to my current set of spreadsheets.

It feels like I tried to invent my own accounting system, and slowly converged on the practices used by actual accountants.

This is interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like thoughtful feedback; I prefer polite feedback.

I don't like screeds.

Comments older than a few days will have comments go into moderation.