2014-03-17

Training

There's a big NRA convention in Indianapolis this year. I've desired to go to such a convention for a few years, but haven't had one within driving range.

This year, I decided to go.

Then I learned that an honest-to-goodness EMT, with years of experience, is doing a special class. The subject of the class: basic First Aid. (Class is already full, too...) Another good reason to go.

Kelly's class isn't at the Convention itself, but it is aimed at Convention-goers. The idea is that a shooter should go to the range prepared. Prepared to shoot safely, prepared to enjoy themselves.

And prepared, with equipment and training, for the unlikely event of dealing with a shooting accident at a remote gun range or hunting camp.

I'm looking forward to taking the class.

And seeing the rest of the convention, of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like thoughtful feedback; I prefer polite feedback.

I don't like screeds.

Comments older than a few days will have comments go into moderation.